Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Morning in the Garden

All it took was a couple of days of warmer weather to make the landscape wake up again. All kinds of blooms and new growth greeted me during a Sunday morning walk through the garden.

Forsythia 'Sunrise'

Ajuga reptans 'Chocolate Chip'

Hosta sp.

Geranium 'Johnson's Blue'

Polemonium reptans 'Stairway to Heaven' (Jacob's Ladder)

Vinca minor (Periwinkle)

Saxifraga Touran™ 'Neon Rose'

Clematis 'Jackmanii'

Chionodoxa luciliae  (Glory of the Snow)

Scilla siberica (Siberian Squill)

Narcissus sp. (Daffodil)

Viola 'White Jump Up'

3 comments:

  1. Lovely display. Spring is here. Emerging Hostas are so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe that is all blooming for you already! Up here in Madison I have a few things about to bloom but the combination of cold weather and lack of sun on our property has held them back.

    Saxifraga is on my list of plants to get so I'm excited to see they have worked for you! I think they will work great in our new front flower beds alongside the dwarf conifers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saxifraga was greenhouse grown and just planted this spring, so I'm not sure how it will overwinter here for me...or when it will normally bloom. I'm hoping it will do fine, because I love the way it looks at the base of our boxwood out front.

    ReplyDelete