Friday, March 18, 2011

Winter Exits Wearing Spring's New Fashion

Judging by the weather the past few days, it looks like winter in central Illinois has turned over the keys to spring. This long, cold winter has even been so kind as to preview the new spring fashion for us on its way into history.

Helleborus 'Melody'

Narcissus sp. (Daffodils)

Geranium 'Johnson's Blue'

Sedum kamptschaticum

Helleborus 'Blackthorn Group'

Hylotelephium 'Matrona'

Scilla siberica (Siberian Squill)

Puschkinia scilloides (Striped Squill)

Tulipa sp.

2 comments:

  1. Neat photos! When I first came here to colder winters, I planted a bunch of stuff only to see them all disappear into the mulch. I thought I had lost it all to the cold freezes. (I come from SoCal.)
    So the next spring, it was a MIRACLE! I was so delighted to see all my things popping up just like your photos above. Love, love love the look of new daffodil sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Sedum kamptschaticum looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete